Our mission: We are dedicated to ensuring that all NIH employees are paid, on time and accurately, and that any pay or leave problems that we can correct are handled in a professional and timely manner.
Please note that all pay and leave problems are reviewed by the staff in the Benefits and Payroll Liaison Branch and then sent to the DHHS Payroll Services Division, which will either resolve the problem or forward the information to the HHS payroll provider, DFAS, as appropriate.
In order to control and manage the payroll and leave issues for NIH staff, and to be as responsive as possible, we are unable to respond to calls directly from NIH staff members. To best serve the NIH community, we ask that you follow these procedures:
- Contact your Timekeeper. If he/she identifies the problem, an error notice will be prepared and forwarded to the Benefits and Payroll Liaison Branch to facilitate a resolution.
- If your Timekeeper is unable to help you, he/she will contact your Administrative Officer.
- If your Administrative Officer is unable to identify the problem, he/she will contact your IC’s ITAS Coordinator for assistance.
- If the problem still can not be resolved, the ITAS Coordinator will contact a Payroll Team member in the Benefits and Payroll Liaison Branch.
Payroll Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- All Payroll FAQs
- CAN Change
- Combined Federal Campaign
- Direct Deposit
- Emergency Loan
- Impact of Leave Without Pay on Health Benefits
- ITAS Coordinators
- Leave Error Notice HHS-411B
- Missing Payment
- Misplaced myPay PIN
- No Pay
- Pay Error Notice HHS-411A
- Payday on Holiday
- Prior Year's 1099, 1099G, or 1042S
- Prior Year's W-2
- Savings Bonds
- Transfer of Leave Balance
- TSP Loan is Paid
- TSP Loan Repayment
Payroll Related Forms
- 2015 Payroll Calendar
- Payroll Number Correction (CAN) Change Form
- Missing Electronic Funds Transfer Request Form (send completed form to BPLB fax 301-480-6146)
- NIH Employee Emergency Payment Request Form 2676-1 (CIT)
- NIH 30-day Memo of Understanding for Emergency Payroll Loan
- Notice of Intent Agreement for LWOP Status
- Request for Duplicate, Corrected or Prior Year W-2, Wage and Tax Statement Form
- Statement of Claimant Requesting Recertified Check (DTIC)
- Time and Attendance Report [Timecard] (fillable)
- Federal Tax Form W4 (IRS)
- State Tax forms (for states not listed below, complete a Federal tax form and write the state on top).