NIH HR Guidance
The HR Guidance section of the OHR website contains information on Classification, the Commissioned Corps, Employee Relations (ER), Employment & Staffing, Labor Relations (LR), Policies & Procedures, and CIVIL, the NIH workplace violence prevention program:
- Classification refers to federal position classification and job grading information that is used to determine the pay plan, series, title, and grade for most work in the Federal Government.
- The Commissioned Corps section provides resources and information to those NIH employees who serve in the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.
- Employee Relations (ER) provides ER information for the NIH community on topics such as employee discipline, medical concerns, and performance issues. NIH employees and managers may also contact the NIH ER Specialists, who ensure that employee relations issues are handled effectively and expediently in order to improve workplace productivity and morale.
- The Employment & Staffing section of the OHR website contains information on federal employment and staffing mechanisms employed at the NIH.
- Labor Relations (LR) lists the negotiated agreements in place at the NIH as well as contact information for Labor Relations Specialists.
- CIVIL is the NIH workplace violence prevention program. You can find information on workplace violence and strategies to prevent it on this section of the OHR website.