myPay at NIH
Provided by the Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS), myPay at NIH enables employees to make changes to their pay related items. Accessing myPay enables employees to make the following changes:
- home address;
- direct deposit;
- start, change, or stop allotments;
- start, change or stop savings bonds;
- Federal and/or state tax withholdings;
- start, change, or stop your TSP and/or TSP Catch-up contributions;
- make a health benefits open season election or change;
- access your IRS form W-2 and
- access your bi-weekly Leave and Earnings Statement (LES).
Have you moved? Change Your Address
- Log into mypay (https://mypay.dfas.mil/mypay.aspx)
- On the main menu click on "personal settings menu"
- Click on "correspondence address change"
- On the right hand side (in the new address section), type in your new address
- Click 'save', and in 2-4 weeks the address will be updated in most HR systems
Note: This process only updates NIH HR Systems, you may still need to contact your insurance, banking, and other personal membership providers.
News & Updates
You may now use your NIH badge/Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card to access myPay. Follow these easy step-by-step instructions:
- You will need a computer with a SmartCard reader.
- Ensure your PIV is in the computer and select the “SmartCard Login” button on the myPay home page at https://mypay.dfas.mil.
- Select the certificate associated with your PIV. Select only one certificate if two or more are displayed
- You will be prompted to enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) associated with your PIV. Enter your PIN and select “OK”
- After entering your PIN, you will be advised you must self-register.
- Your SmartCard registration will be confirmed. You may use it to log in the next time you access myPay. (Note: the name displayed is the name registered on your PIV)
- If you do not yet have a Login ID, you will be prompted to enter a Login ID and Password
- Select “Main” to continue
If you are a new employee, you should receive your PIN approximately 4 to 6 weeks after your start date.
Until you receive your myPay PIN, you must contact the Benefits Office to start, change or stop Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) contributions. You will be instructed to complete a TSP-1 election form. You should contact his/her Client Services Division representative if any of the following actions need to be taken:
- Home address change
- Direct deposit change
- Start, stop or change allotments
- Start, stop or change savings bonds
- Change Federal and/or state tax withholding
If you do not receive a PIN within 4 to six weeks, you may contact the DFAS Centralized Customer Service Support Unit at 1-888-DFAS411 or 1-888-332-7411 – this support line is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.
If you need assistance with your Login or password, see the myPay Support page.