Workflow Information Tracking System (WiTS) at NIH
The Workflow Information Tracking System (WiTS) is a web-based Business Process Management tool that is used to support the NIH's mission, goals, and objectives. It provides the NIH community with a standardized way to submit, track, and report on various HR and HR-related activities.
WiTS was originally designed solely to track work performed by the OHR—it has since expanded to encompass many HR-related IC functions. The system contains workflows for actions such as awards, pay incentives, promotions, recruitment, retirements, etc. and offers users the ability to generate real-time reports and dashboards on the data contained in these workflows. In addition, a number of these workflows contain automated notification emails which help keep HR and IC staff informed of the status of actions in progress.
Learn more about the WiTS Project Team:
Learn more about the technical aspects of WiTS:
Learn more about what WiTS contains:
News & Updates
The WiTS Project Team is continually striving to improve the system.
- Modifications to the Strategic Hiring Data Report/Creation of Time to Hire Dashboard for CSD (June 2012)
- Addition of Details and Extensions of Appointment to Career Change Workflow for CSD (August 2012)
- Creation of Not-To-Exceed Report for CSD and IC staff (August 2012)
- Launch of Time to Hire Dashboard for IC Executive Officers (September 2012)
- Creation of ER workflows, forms, dashboards and reports for WRD (September 2012)
- Addition of CSD's Classification Unit to WiTS (March 2013)
- Creation of Universal WiTS Report Parameter Page (March 2013)
- Creation of LR workflows, forms, dashboards and reports for WRD
- Creation of WiTS Title 42 Appointment module
Learn more about WiTS Enhancements.
Benefits of Using WiTS
- Provides a business process management model to standardize and streamline work.
- Provides metric information related to work activities.
- Eliminates the need to manually track the majority of personnel actions.
- Allows users to generate near real-time reports.
- Allows reports to be exported into a variety of formats (MS Word, MS Excel, PDF, etc.).
- Allows IC users to submit a variety of requests online (Retirement Estimate requests, Senior Level Pay cases, HR Systems Support requests, etc.)
- Allows users to subscribe to the WiTS Report Subscription Service and have reports automatically delivered to them at established times/frequencies.
Learn more about the WiTS Report Subscription Service.