Workflow information Tracking System (WiTS) at NIH
The Workflow information Tracking System (WiTS) is a web-based Business Process Management tool that is used to support the NIH's mission, goals, and objectives. It provides the NIH community with a standardized way to submit, track, and report on various HR and HR-related activities.
WiTS was originally designed solely to track work performed by the OHR—it has since expanded to encompass many HR-related IC functions. The system contains workflows for actions such as awards, pay incentives, promotions, recruitment, retirements, etc. and offers users the ability to generate real-time reports and dashboards on the data contained in these workflows. In addition, a number of these workflows contain automated notification emails which help keep HR and IC staff informed of the status of actions in progress.
Learn more about the WiTS Project Team:
Learn more about the technical aspects of WiTS:
Learn more about what WiTS contains:
News & Updates
The WiTS Project Team is continually striving to improve the system.
Please visit our WiTS Releases page to view all of the latest enhancements.
- Title 42 Workflow
- OHR-wide administrative workflow
Learn more about WiTS Enhancements.
Benefits of Using WiTS
- Provides a business process management model to standardize and streamline work.
- Provides metric information related to work activities.
- Eliminates the need to manually track the majority of personnel actions.
- Allows users to generate near real-time reports.
- Allows reports to be exported into a variety of formats (MS Word, MS Excel, PDF, etc.).
- Allows IC users to submit a variety of requests online (Retirement Estimate requests, Senior Level Pay cases, HR Systems Support requests, etc.)
- Allows users to subscribe to the WiTS Report Subscription Service and have reports automatically delivered to them at established times/frequencies.
Learn more about the WiTS Report Subscription Service.