Human Resource Assistance
Assists in staffing, position management, training, timekeeping and payroll, and employee retention issues as directed and in accordance to the organization’s human resource policies and procedures.
- Gathers, enters and maintains information on positions and people to support workforce planning and data call activities.
- Explains the process and documentation requirements for requested HR actions.
- Reviews and prepares HR packages to ensure that they are in accordance with HR regulations, HHS/NIH policies and SOPs.
- Explains process and documentation requirements to managers for Commissioned Corps appointments and billets.
- Supports the AO in coordinating with the Division of Commissioned Personnel (DCP) on Commissioned Corps appointments, billets, and Commissioned Corps Officers Evaluation and Review (COER), and other related activities.
- Assists the AO in implementing the NIH Performance Management and Appraisal Program (PMAP).
- Prepares, or prepares selected components of, HR packages, awards and justifications for incentives documents including recruitment, relocation, and retention incentives.
- Collaborates with HR, supervisors, and staff on workforce development, payroll, and performance issues and corrective employee actions.
- Supports on-boarding activities, as directed by the AO.
- Supports the AO in providing assistance for Fellowship actions (e.g., processes Fellowships, special volunteer agreements, stipends, health insurance).
- Provides or responds to requests for information to program staff on the different visa types and lead times for the various types of foreign scientist categories.
- Assists managers in preparing documents to submit to the Division of International Services (DIS) for Non-FTEs.
- Explains the rules and regulations for relocation and moving expenses to program staff.
- Reviews routine training requests.
- Reviews actions and performs records maintenance in the various HR systems as directed by the AO.
- Serves as timekeeper; managing ITAS, supporting timekeeping activities, and resolving problems (i.e., timecards, pay).