Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) at NIH
News & Updates
eOPF 5.0.1 launched on January 10, 2016
The Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) version 5.0.1 launched to NIH federal employees on January 10, 2016. eOPF version 5.0.1 is more accessible than ever! With version 5.0.1, eOPF replaced modal dialog boxes for more streamlined viewing, updated splash pages and made color enhancements for a more contemporary look. For more information on eOPF including user guides and tutorials please visit eOPF Support Page.
Need help Logging into eOPF via AMS?
For AMS login help, contact the ONE DHHS Help Desk at 1-888-ONE-DHHS (1-888-663-3447) or visit the AMS Self-Help Portal at https://ams-portal.psc.gov/Welcome.aspx?pt=AMS. You can also visit the AMS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page for questions related to the eOPF/AMS integration.
Please contact HR System Solutions (HRSS) at https://intrahr.od.nih.gov/helpdeskform.htm, or via WiTS, with any questions or concerns. Thank you!
NIH, in conjunction with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Office of Personnel Management, has implemented an E-Gov initiative to provide employees with easier and faster access to their Official Personnel Folder (OPF), the file containing the employment history of civilian Federal Government employees.
HHS has converted each employee’s OPF from a paper file to an electronic file or electronic OPF (eOPF). The eOPF system, which was developed by the Integic Corporation, is an automated solution to manage the OPF process and allows each employee to have access to their individual OPF forms and information through the Internet.
Some of the benefits of having your OPF converted to electronic format include:
You can view and/or print documents from your eOPF at any time (24 hours a day) using the Internet, from an HHS networked computer. You won’t have to request your file and wait several days for it to become available for review in your HR office.
You can monitor your own records, which ensures greater accuracy and integrity.
- You may elect to receive an e-mail notification each time a document is added to your eOPF by adding your email address to the system.
- There are pre-defined access roles to prevent unauthorized access to your folder. (There is no change in policy regarding who has the authority to access your OPF.)
- eOPFs are more secure than paper, have a longer “shelf life,” and provide easy backup and recovery capability.
- Costs associated with storage, maintenance and retrieval of records are reduced.
eOPF was fully implemented at NIH and all other HHS offices during the Summer of 2005.
eOPF System Maintenance
Below are the Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) weekly maintenance schedules. The following weekend schedule will repeat monthly:
- Week 1: Sunday 12:01 am ET thru Sunday 4pm ET.
- Week 2: Sunday 12:01 am ET thru Sunday 4pm ET.
- Week 3: Sunday 12:01 am ET thru Sunday noon ET.
- Week 4: Sunday 12:01 am ET thru Sunday noon ET.
- Week 5 (when applicable): Sunday 12:01 am ET thru Sunday noon ET.
Please note that the first and second weekends have a longer maintenance window which may extend to 6pm.
Windows patching will be done on the first Friday following the second Tuesday of every month – 8 pm ET Friday thru 2:00 am ET Saturday.
If you have any problems with the AMS, such as logging in issues, contact the ONE DHHS Help Desk at 1-888-ONE-DHHS (1-888-663-3447). You can also visit the AMS Self-Help Portal https://ams-portal.psc.gov/Welcome.aspx?pt=AMS