Skip Navigation

myPay at NIH


Provided by the Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS), myPay at NIH enables employees to make changes to their pay related items. Accessing myPay enables employees to make the following changes:

  • home address;
  • direct deposit;
  • start, change, or stop allotments;
  • start, change or stop savings bonds;
  • Federal and/or state tax withholdings;
  • start, change, or stop your TSP and/or TSP Catch-up contributions;
  • make a health benefits open season election or change;
  • access your IRS form W-2 and
  • access your bi-weekly Leave and Earnings Statement (LES).

Have you moved? Change Your Address

  • Log into myPay using the myPay website ( or using the AMS (
  • On the main myPay menu, under the "Pay Changes" heading, click on "Correspondence Address"
  • On the right hand side (in the new address section), type in your new address
  • Click 'save', and in 2-4 weeks the address will be updated in most HR systems

Note: This process only updates NIH HR Systems, you may still need to contact your insurance, banking, and other personal membership providers.

New Employees

If you are a new employee, you should receive your PIN approximately 4 to 6 weeks after your start date. NIH employees with a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card can access myPay anytime after you receive your first pay check by clicking "SmartCard Login" on the myPay home page.

Until you receive your myPay PIN, you must contact the Benefits Office to start, change or stop Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) contributions.  You will be instructed to complete a TSP-1 election form.  You should contact his/her Client Services Division representative if any of the following actions need to be taken:

  • Home address change
  • Direct deposit change
  • Start, stop or change allotments
  • Start, stop or change savings bonds
  • Change Federal and/or state tax withholding

If you do not receive a PIN within 4 to six weeks, you may contact the DFAS Centralized Customer Service Support Unit at 1-888-DFAS411 or 1-888-332-7411 – this support line is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.

Current Employees

If you need assistance with your Login or password, see the myPay Support page.

This page was last reviewed on