Onboarding Manager (OM) at NIH
NIH transitioned to a new Entry on Duty (EOD) system, Onboarding Manager (OM) effective January 2013. This system offers many advantages for HR users and new hires.
HR User Benefits:
- HR users will benefit from its interface with USA Staffing, which allows new hire information to flow from USA Staffing to Onboarding Manager with the click of a button, reducing the amount of data entry required by HR
- The interface with eOPF will allow HR to electronically transmit some new hire forms directly into eOPF, decreasing the number of forms that are manually scanned
New Hire Benefits:
- This intuitive system displays only applicable questions to the new hire based on their responses to previous questions
- The ability to sign and submit the majority of EOD and benefit election forms electronically instead of having to print all forms
- The ability to complete a questionnaire which will populate their responses on their EOD forms, virtually eliminating duplicate data entry
Shared User Benefits:
- Reduces the time it takes to process new hire paperwork during New Employee Orientation, allowing new hires additional time to speak with the Badging Office or Benefits Specialists
News and Updates Section
The new Task Functionality in Onboarding Manager was deployed on October 1, 2014. A task is a customized list of activities that new hires need to complete from the time they receive a tentative job offer through their first 90 days at NIH. Tasks will be assigned to new hires based on their appointment type.
Below are some advantages offered by the new Task Functionality feature of OM:
- Automates the New Employee Checklist in Onboarding Manager as tasks
- Allows new hires to preview and print the task checklist from the system
- Strengthens communication regarding the onboarding process
- Provides point of contacts and additional resources for individual items
- Centralizes onboarding information for new hires
For more information and user guides, please visit the Onboarding Manager New Hire Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page and Onboarding Manager Support for New Hires page.