Motivate others to achieve organizational goals. Act as a role model
- Inspires others' commitment to their work and organizational goals.
- Helps others see the benefits of doing their job well, for themselves, their customers and the greater good.
- Upholds the highest standards of scientific research and/or business practices.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness.
- Acts as a role model.
- Recognizes the contributions of others.
- Actively embraces diversity by creating, leading and managing an inclusive workplace that maximizes the talents of each person.
- Champions innovation and creativity by encouraging, recognizing and rewarding those who take initiative, develop new ideas or concepts, or improve work processes or methods.
NOTE: The proficiencies in this section are designed to supplement the OPM Executive Core Qualifications .
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.