You must report any workplace-related injury as soon as possible to Occupational Medical Service (OMS). OMS will provide you with further instructions on the appropriate forms to file on ECOMP.
Effective September 1, 2014- new CA-1’s and CA-2s for all employees who have a home address in Maryland, with the exception of those in Prince George’s County will be under the jurisdiction of the Philadelphia district office. In an effort to improve customer service, this will elevate the workload of the Washington D.C. office.
Effective October 1, 2014- existing cases for Maryland residents outside of Prince George’s County will be transferred to the Philadelphia district office.
Washington D.C. office: (202) 513-6800
Philadelphia office: (267) 687-4160
If you have misplaced the instructions given to you by OMS, please use the links below to access a new copy.
NIH Workers' Compensation Information
- Overview of Office of Workers' Compensation Program (OWCP) at NIH
- Continuation of Pay for Work Injuries (NIH Leave Guide)
- The Employees' Compensation Operations & Management Portal (ECOMP)
- After You File, What's Next?
- NIH Leave Buy Back Manual Chapter (2300-810-2)
- NIH Leave Buy Back in a Nutshell
- Division of Occupational Health and Safety (DOHS)
- Excused Absence for Injury-Related Examinations or Treatment
Office of Workers' Compensation Program (US Department of Labor)
- Office of Workers' Compensation Program Home Page (DOL)
If you have questions, please schedule an appointment with a specialist in the NIH Workers' Compensation Program located in Building 31 Room B3C23 MSC 2215. Call (301) 496-2404 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.