You must report any workplace-related injury as soon as possible to Occupational Medical Service (OMS). OMS will provide you with further instructions on the appropriate forms to file on ECOMP.
As of May 20, 2013, all Federal Employees who are injured at work and would like to file a claim under the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA) must now do so using the electronic filing system, ECOMP.
You can prepare for ECOMP with training guides from the Department of Labor (DOL)
- Filing Forms as an Injured Worker (DOL)
- Reviewing Forms as a Supervisor (DOL)
- Uploading Documents to FECA Case File (DOL)
If you have misplaced the instructions given to you by OMS, please use the links below to access a new copy.
NIH Workers' Compensation Information
- Overview of Office of Workers' Compensation Program (OWCP) at NIH
- Continuation of Pay for Work Injuries (NIH Leave Guide)
- The Employees' Compensation Operations & Management Portal (ECOMP)
- After You File, What's Next?
- NIH Leave Buy Back Manual Chapter (2300-810-2)
- NIH Leave Buy Back in a Nutshell
- Division of Occupational Health and Safety (DOHS)
- Excused Absence for Injury-Related Examinations or Treatment
Office of Workers' Compensation Program (US Department of Labor)
- Office of Workers' Compensation Program Home Page (DOL)
If you have questions, please schedule an appointment with a specialist in the NIH Workers' Compensation Program located in Building 31 Room B3C23 MSC 2215. Call (301) 496-2404 or send an email to email@example.com.