Skip Navigation

Workers' Compensation

The Employees’ Compensation Operations & Management Portal (ECOMP)

You must report any workplace-related injury as soon as possible to Occupational Medical Service (OMS). OMS will provide you with further instructions on the appropriate forms to file on ECOMP. 


As of May 20, 2013, all Federal Employees who are injured at work and would like to file a claim under the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA) must now do so using the electronic filing system, ECOMP.

You can prepare for ECOMP with training guides from the Department of Labor (DOL)

If you have misplaced the instructions given to you by OMS, please use the links below to access a new copy.


NIH Workers' Compensation Information If you are injured at work, you should do the following: 1, 2, 3. 

Office of Workers' Compensation Program (US Department of Labor)


Contact Information

If you have questions, please schedule an appointment with a specialist in the NIH Workers' Compensation Program located in Building 31 Room B3C23 MSC 2215. Call (301) 496-2404 or send an email to

This page was last reviewed on