Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) at NIH
NIH, in conjunction with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Office of Personnel Management, has implemented an E-Gov initiative to provide employees with easier and faster access to their Official Personnel Folder (OPF), the file containing the employment history of civilian Federal Government employees.
HHS has converted each employee’s OPF from a paper file to an electronic file or electronic OPF (eOPF). The eOPF system, which was developed by the Integic Corporation, is an automated solution to manage the OPF process and allows each employee to have access to their individual OPF forms and information through the Internet.
Some of the benefits of having your OPF converted to electronic format include:
You can view and/or print documents from your eOPF at any time (24 hours a day) using the Internet, from an HHS networked computer. You won’t have to request your file and wait several days for it to become available for review in your HR office.
You can monitor your own records, which ensures greater accuracy and integrity.
- You may elect to receive an e-mail notification each time a document is added to your eOPF by adding your email address to the system.
- There are pre-defined access roles to prevent unauthorized access to your folder. (There is no change in policy regarding who has the authority to access your OPF.)
- eOPFs are more secure than paper, have a longer “shelf life,” and provide easy backup and recovery capability.
- Costs associated with storage, maintenance and retrieval of records are reduced.
eOPF was fully implemented at NIH and all other HHS offices during the Summer of 2005.
News & Updates
The Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) is now accessible via the Access Management System (AMS)!!!
Mac User Guides:
eOPF System Requirements:
Directions are reflected below:
1. Visit the AMS page at https://iam.hhs.gov/ams.
2. Log in using one of the following methods:
• Your NIH issued PIV card and PIN or
• Your NIH Network Credentials (username and password).
3. Click on the ‘Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF)’ link on the AMS homepage.
4. Click the ‘Dept. of Health and Human Services’ link on the eOPF eAuth Controller page. If you are a first time eOPF user, please stop here, see the “note” below, then return to step 6.
5. Click ‘Accept’ on the disclaimer page. If you receive a pop-up “The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close this window?” Click “Yes”.
6. You are now logged into the system and you should be on the eOPF homepage.
7. Logout of eOPF when finished viewing your records.
NOTE for first time eOPF users: If you are new to eOPF, you will be required to register your eOPF account after step 4 above.
1. Register your account by following the steps outlined in the job aid at https://iam.hhs.gov/idm/help/JobAids/self-register-for-eopf-access.pdf.
2. Your POID is: 1816.
3. Your Org Code is: NIH00.
Need help Logging into eOPF via AMS?
For AMS login help, contact the ONE DHHS Help Desk at 1-888-ONE-DHHS (1-888-663-3447) or visit the AMS Self-Help Portal at https://ams-portal.psc.gov/Welcome.aspx?pt=AMS. You can also visit the AMS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page for questions related to the eOPF/AMS integration.
Please contact HR Systems Support at http://intrahr.od.nih.gov/helpdeskform.htm, or via WiTS, with any questions or concerns. Thank you!
eOPF System Maintenance
Below is the published 2014 Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) weekly maintenance schedule. The following weekend schedule will repeat monthly:
- Week 1: Sunday 12:01 am ET thru Sunday 4pm ET.
- Week 2: Sunday 12:01 am ET thru Sunday 4pm ET.
- Week 3: Sunday 12:01 am ET thru Sunday noon ET.
- Week 4: Sunday 12:01 am ET thru Sunday noon ET.
- Week 5 (when applicable): Sunday 12:01 am ET thru Sunday noon ET.
Please note that the first and second weekends have a longer maintenance window which may extend to 6pm.
Windows patching will be done on the first Friday following the second Tuesday of every month – 8 pm ET Friday thru 2:00 am ET Saturday.
If you have any problems with the AMS, such as logging in issues, contact the ONE DHHS Help Desk at 1-888-ONE-DHHS (1-888-663-3447). You can also visit the AMS Self-Help Portal https://ams-portal.psc.gov/Welcome.aspx?pt=AMS